Grange Avenue in Levenshulme has been developed by Future Directions CIC to meet Commissioner’s requirements in response to Transforming Care.
Grange Avenue has five individual flats and currently supports four individuals with a learning disability who have been discharged from a hospital setting or out of borough placements. Grange Avenue enables each individual to return to live within their community.
Future Directions CIC worked with a housing provider and purchased the property, renovated the property, recruited registered nurses and personal assistants and carried out assessments of identified individuals.
Here is Paul on his birthday with his Personal Assistant, Shaun.
Transforming Care focuses on five key activities
- Empowering individuals – giving people with learning disabilities and/or autism, and their families, more choice and say in the care and support they receive.
- Getting the right care in the right place – ensuring that people are receiving high quality care and support, with a focus on supporting people in their local communities.
- Regulation and inspection – tightening the regulation and inspection of providers to drive up the quality of care.
- Workforce – developing the skills and capability of the workforce.
- Data and information– making sure the right information is available at the right time, and continuing to track and report progress.
The Aims of Grange Avenue
- To provide all residents with as normal a life as is possible, given their individual health, in homely surroundings.
- To provide all residents with a quality of care that will enable them to live as independently as is possible with dignity, privacy and the opportunity to make their own choices.
- To create an experience of wellbeing for both residents and those who care for them, providing them with a sense of security, significance, belonging, purpose, continuity and achievement.
The Objectives of Grange Avenue
- To carry out assessments of need that will be used to develop individual person centred care plans with the objective of meeting the aims of the home for each individual resident.
- To provide facilities, equipment and competent staff that will ensure that the Aims and Objectives become reality for each resident.
- To undertake a staff training programme that will enable the staff team to provide the highest quality of care to the residents in all aspects of care.
The Philosophy of Grange Avenue
- The Homes philosophy is based upon a belief that all Residents are entitled to be treated as individuals.
- The philosophy of care will be achieved by assessing the needs of all the residents, and using this information to develop individual Care Plans with family, friends and appropriate professionals.
- This will be further achieved through activities designed to encourage mental alertness, self-esteem, social interaction with recognition of our core values which are fundamental to the Philosophy of our company and Grange Ave: Put people first, be transparent, go the extra mile, be creative and be adaptable.
Facilities available at Grange Avenue
- The Home is a 3 story Semi Detached Victorian House in a quiet suburban area of Levenshulme.
- The grounds are set over approx. half acre of well-kept gardens.
- The Home provides accommodation via 5 individual flats, each flat has a lounge, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The property is designed to meet the needs of people who are physically able due to the layout of the building.
- Each room is fully furnished which includes washer/dryer, cooker, fridge freezer, comfortable seating area, television unit and television, wardrobe, drawers and bed.
- All lounges have a TV point and telephone point.
- A Fire Alarm System and an Access Control System to the latest standards are installed throughout the Home for the safety and security of the Residents.
- The Home has internet access